Connect with us
Grow Business

Mother, Son, One Other Electrocuted In Ogun



Mother, Son, One Other Electrocuted In Ogun

He explained that the woman “was burnt into ashes.

Abeokuta Ogun State– Tragedy struck as a mother, her son and one other person have been electrocuted at Mowe market in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Monday following an electric spark in the market after electricity was restored a few hours after the Sunday rainstorm.

Daily Trust reports that the spark broke out from the step-down transformer suspended on an electrical pole next to the shop where the incident happened.

More Afrika Eyes News  How 16-Year-Old Student Electrocuted Inside School Premises In Abuja

The Director of Information at the Obafemi Owode Local Government, Segun Soneye, confirmed the incident on Wednesday, April 24.

He explained that the woman “was burnt into ashes.”

Soneye blamed the incident on the construction of shops made of iron under the powerline by the traders. He said the chairman of the council, Lanre Ogunsola, had visited the affected shop owners and commiserated with them over the incident.

More Afrika Eyes News  How 17-Year-Old Electrocuted In Lagos

He added that the LG boss had already given shop owners a seven-day ultimatum to evacuate their make-shift shops built under the high-tension powerline to forestall the recurrence of the incident.

More Afrika Eyes News  BREAKING: SSS Arrests ISWAP Commander, Who Mastermind Bomb Attack Near Ohinoyi Palace In Kogi

The council boss visited the injured victims, who were receiving treatments at Mowe Health Post, and assured them of quality medical care with all the expenses to be paid by the government.

Meanwhile, the police spokesperson, Omolola Odutola, also confirmed the incident but said only the mother, Ujuwa Okechukwu, died.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

To Top