Connect with us
Kwara State Governor

Insecurity: Over 79,000 Insurgents Surrender To Nigerian Troops In Borno

images 1 5

News

Insecurity: Over 79,000 Insurgents Surrender To Nigerian Troops In Borno

The insurgents under the kinetic and non-kinetic approaches had led to the mass surrender.

At least 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non-combatants have surrendered themselves to Nigerian troops in Borno State.

The Theatre Commander, North East “Operation Hadin Kai”, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa made this known in Maiduguri while briefing newsmen on recent successes of the command.

Maj-Gen Musa said that the sustained onslaught on the insurgents under the kinetic and non-kinetic approaches had led to the mass surrender.

The Theatre Commander, North East “Operation Hadin Kai”, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, said over 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non-combatants have so far surrendered.

More Afrika Eyes News  Court Sentences Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume To Seven Years Imprisonment

Mr Musa made this known in Maiduguri while briefing newsmen on recent successes of the command.

He said that the sustained onslaught on the insurgents under the kinetic and non-kinetic approaches had led to the mass surrender.

According to him, this led to the need to have additional camps in Maiduguri to host the repentants that were being sorted out to identify the combatants and non-combatants.

More Afrika Eyes News  Kwara Sustains Lead On PGF Performance Ranking

He lauded the support from the public, which he described as “unsung heroes” and urged them to sustain the tempo for a speedy end to the conflict.

We are really happy with the way the members of the public were cooperating with us; they see the sincerity in what we are doing.

“We are committed to the human rights charter and the rules of engagement in our operations,” Musa said.

More Afrika Eyes News  Again, Terrorists Attack Kaduna Community, Kidnap 50 Locals

Also speaking on recent success, the General Officer Commanding ( GOC), 7 Division, Maiduguri, Maj.- Gen. Waidi Shuaibu, said that within the period under review, three more Chibok girls were also rescued.

Shuaibu said the girls rescued comprised Falmata Lawan, Asabe Ali, and Jinkal Yama, who are on serial number three, 12 and 20, respectively on the list of abducted Chibok girls.

The girls were rescued separately in the Bama axis on Aug. 30, Sept. 1, and Sept. 2 respectively.

Afrika Eyes is an Online News platform that gives you the latest, accurate, fresh, factual and reliable breaking news. Afrika Eyes Promotes Democracy, Cultures and Traditions.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in News

<script async="async" data-cfasync="false" src="//pl17331886.highperformancegate.com/99adb5114af5d6bca3c002b90f5b961e/invoke.js"></script>
<div id="container-99adb5114af5d6bca3c002b90f5b961e"></div>

Trending

2 7
To Top