Breaking: Terrorists Release Remaining 23 Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims
They were set free around 4.00pm on Wednesday.
Terrorists on Wednesday released the 23 remaining victims of the Kaduna train attack.
It would be recalled that the terrorists attack a Kaduna-bound train on 28 March 2022 and captured scores of passengers.
While many had been released after paying huge ransom to the terrorists, 23 abducted passengers remained with the bandits.
The release of the 23 passengers was facilitated by a Seven-man Presidential Committee assembled by the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), Gen. Lucky Irabor.
Secretary, Chief of Defense Staff Action Committee (CDSAC), Prof. Usman Yusuf, said on Wednesday that the remaining captives had been released this afternoon.
He said they were set free around 4.00pm on Wednesday.
“I am pleased to announce to the nation and the world that at 1600Hrs. (4:00pm) today, Wednesday 5-10-2022, the seven-man Presidential Committee assembled by the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), General L E O Irabor, secured the release and took custody of all the 23 remaining passengers held hostage by Boko Haram Terrorists following the attack on the Abuja to Kaduna train on 28-3-2022,” he said.
Mr Yusuf stated that the country owed a debt of gratitude to the Nigerian Military under the leadership of the CDS who conceived and guided the operation from start to finish.
He added that all sister Security Agencies and the Federal Ministry of Transportation contributed immensely to this Operation.
“The unwavering support of the President and Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR is what made it all possible.
“Members of this Committee are grateful for the rare honour and privilege to be part of this Humanitarian Operation.”