Connect with us
Kwara State Governor
Yakubu Gobir

Amid Fuel Scarcity, Woman Injured In Fire Cause By Fuel Stored In Kitchen

News

Amid Fuel Scarcity, Woman Injured In Fire Cause By Fuel Stored In Kitchen

Unidentified young lady sustain burn injuries after fire breaks out on Tuesday in a six-bedroom apartment in Ilorin, kwara state.

The fire outbreak occurred last night at about 21:08hrs, at Ile Tuntun behind Ile Olopa Compound, Oja-Iya Area of Ilorin, Kwara State capital.

It was learnt that the injury lady was in hurry to prepare supper for her family in the kitchen, she lit the gas burner forgetting that a gallon of petrol was in the kitchen.

More Afrika Eyes News  Bridge Linking Kwara With Oyo Collapses Again

The gallon of petrol exploded setting the house on fire and injuring the lady in the process, according to firefighters who rescued the situation.

Spokesman of the state fire service, Hakeem Adekunle in Ilorin on Wednesday disclosed that firemen were able to extinguish the fire on time and rescued the lady.

More Afrika Eyes News  Kano Govt Pays NECO Fees For 29,031 Students — Commissioner

Out of the six bedrooms in the burning building, three were affected by the fire, Hakeem added.

Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, urged the general public to take fire safety precautionary measures as very paramount and warned against hoarding fuel inside their homes.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

Afrika Eyes is an Online News platform that gives you the latest, accurate, fresh, factual and reliable breaking news. Afrika Eyes Promotes Democracy, Cultures and Traditions.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

To Top