Abuja-Kadun Train Attack: Terrorists Free Another Four Victims
39 of the victims are still being held in the forest.
The Abuja-Kaduna abducted victims who were kidnapped by the terrorists in March, four of them have been released by their abductors.
This new development comes a day after the terrorists released a video beating the victims.
In the video, the helpless victims plead with the Nigerian government to come to their rescue.
Tukur Mamu, a newspaper publisher who had previously negotiated the release of some of the victims, confirmed the release of the four hostages on Monday.
Mr Mamu said the release of the victims follows the intervention of their family members.
The four passengers released by the terrorists are identified as Oluwa Toyin-Ojo; Hassan Lawan; and Ayodeji Oyewumi.
According to him, Gladys Bruen was released last week.
However, Mr Mamu does not know if the relatives of the hostages paid a ransom before they were released.
He said with the release of the four, 39 of the victims are still being held in the forest.
Meanwhile, the son of a former military governor of Kano state, Idris Garba, his wife and children and many others are reportedly among those still being held.