Connect with us
Grow Business

Fire Destroys Property Worth N27.8 Million In Kwara



Fire Destroys Property Worth N27.8 Million In Kwara

Six rooms were affected in the building, however, the firemen were able to perform excellently well

Ilorin, Kwara State – A fire outbreak occurred on Friday night in the Ile Oba-Ologun area of Ita-Amadu, Ilorin, located in the Ilorin West Local Government Area of Kwara State, resulting in the destruction of property estimated to be worth N27.8 million.

The fire, which quickly engulfed a two-story building comprising about six rooms, was reported to have been triggered by a power surge, according to the Kwara State Fire Service.

In a statement issued by Hassan Adekunle, the Head of Media and Publicity, the Fire Service said that on Saturday, firefighters successfully preserved property valued at about N43.3 million due to their swift response and diligent efforts in extinguishing the fire.

More Afrika Eyes News  Four Police Officers, Three Suspected IPOB Memebers Killed In Another Attack On Police Station

“On Friday,  November 3,  2023, around 5 p.m., fire gutted a building of about two flats and six rooms as a result of a power surge.

“Upon receiving the distress call, the Kwara State Fire Service promptly mobilised its firefighting team to the scene. The firefighters arrived at the location and swiftly initiated firefighting operations to suppress the flames and prevent the fire from spreading further.

More Afrika Eyes News  Mali's Junta Reshuffles Government After Draft Constitution Vote

“Through the use of specialised equipment and firefighting techniques, the fire service personnel worked diligently to bring the situation under control.

“Six rooms were affected in the building, however, the firemen were able to perform excellently well to minimize the damage, therefore other flats in the building including many tangible properties were saved from the scathed fire.”

Falade Olumuyiwa, the Director of Kwara State Fire Service, urged residents to develop the practice of turning off their electrical appliances before going to bed.
He emphasized that this practice would not only reduce the risk of fire incidents in their homes but also contribute significantly to minimizing the occurrence of fire outbreaks in the state.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

To Top